The Trevi Fountain situated in the Trevi district of Rome is a fountain that was created in 1762. It is amongst the largest fountains in Rome and is one of the most famous fountains in the world. The fountains stand at 86 ft high (26.3 metres) and 161.3ft (49.15 metres) in width, its architect was Nicola Salvi and it was completed by Pietro Bracci. It is built in a Baroque style. The fountain has been refurbished on occasions since, most recently in 2014-15; with over 100 LED lights being added to the fountain to improve the visibility of the fountain for night time visitors.
The fountain is accessible by public transport and is not far from other major sights such as the Roman Forums.
Opening Times and Admission
The fountain is a public fountain in a public space so you can access it at any time. Visitors to the fountain throw a coin with their right hand over their left shoulder, this is thought to be for good luck and it is thought that some 3000 euros are thrown into the fountain every day. The money is collected regularly by keepers of the fountain and donated to projects for the needy.